What are HOST Sponges?
HOST Sponges, Fragrance Free, and HOST SJ is a soft, natural product consisting of millions of absorbent sponges. These “sponges” are moistened with a unique blend of water, detergents and a small amount of safe to use solvent. The SPONGES Cleaner contains and controls all the necessary liquids to dissolve both water soluble and solvent soluble soil.
The HOST SPONGES do a double duty job. First, they carry the liquid cleaning agents to the fibres in a controlled way. Second, they loosen, absorb and hold
the soil in control for extraction by vacuuming. With the HOST Dry Extraction Carpet Cleaning System you are in total control of the cleaning chemicals and soil at all times.
How does it work?
The HOST Machine brushes the moist SPONGES up, down, over and around the carpet fibres so they contact all surfaces of the soiled fibres, breaking the oil bond and wiping the soil away. This action is similar to a moist sponge used to wipe up spills in the kitchen or soil from a wall. Carpet pile is a vertical surface much like a wall. When liquid is applied, gravity pulls any excess moisture down into the carpet toward the backing.
When you use the HOST SPONGES you don’t lose control of the moisture and soil. In addition to absorbing the soil, the HOST SPONGES hold that soil until it is removed by vacuuming.
Carpets do not resoil as quickly as when cleaned with wet methods because there is no sticky residue to grab and hold fresh soil. Because the HOST System does not contribute to resoiling, regular, frequent vacuuming helps to keep the carpet cleaner longer.
Is HOST harmful or is it safe?
The HOST cleaning products are totally safe to use. We have MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) available on each product.
HOST Sponges is not an eye irritant, not a primary skin irritant. It is also non toxic by oral ingestion or by inhalation. However, some people with unusual skin sensitivity should protect their hands and arms from direct contact with the product. Also, some people with respiratory problems should avoid using HOST in unventilated or confined areas. By and large, for the general population, it is a safe product to use.